It started out as a typical outing to the Chandler Mall Play Place. Noelle went up to a random Dad and sat on his lap. He looked around, nervous and confused, wondering who this friendly child's parent was. Then she asked if she could spin around for him in her new princess clothes, which she did. Then she proceeded to point at his daughter and say, "Your girl is mean. She took my shoes." (which was true.) Then , there was Stanton , who wants desparately to engage another child in a game of chase, but is too shy to ask. He will follow kids around, and sometimes he gets really close to asking them if they want to play, but then he gets scared and runs back to me and asks me to ask. Finally, after about 30 minutes of him almost asking this boy, I promised him that the boy looks nice and he will want to play with him cause who doesn't love a good game of chase. So Stanton gets the nerve up and asks him, and the boy kicks him. Stanton falls over and bonks heads with another girl and they both cry a whole bunch. So to make things better we take a trip to the Lego Store, and boy did it ever make things better!

They just happened to be having free Lego building contests and whoever could build the most Lego people in one minute got to keep them. After all the big kids went, we entered Stanton vs. Noelle.

Noelle made one in a minute and Stanton made two, so he got to keep them!

Then they had an adult contest, which I HAD to enter, on behalf of Noelle because she needed to win too. So, I went up against a middle aged Lego-lover. (I really wish I had a picture!)He stood confidently with his beard and his "Kiss Me I'm Irish" shirt. I was intimidated, but I had to win for Noelle. So, after saying I had never really played with Legos, he accused me of blasphemy and said "I was going down."
HE WAS WRONG!!!! I beat him, and I wasn't very humble about it either. I made four Lego people in one minute, and he only made three! In your face Beardy Lego guy! We left the Lego store, a family of winners, and Stanton said he was very much cheered up! He and Noelle are still talking about it! I have to admit it was SO FUN!

We also went on a leprachaun hunt this week, an idea we got when we visited Amy's fun pre-school last year. We followed it's tracks and found him and his gold and caught him in a paper bag. Then we read books about him and eventually released him up our chimney.

We also went camping this weekend. It was a beautiful spot, and pregnant camping is just as much fun as I'd remembered.

And of course, camping isn't camping without shooting "Storm Troopers" (soda cans) with our BB gun!
In other news, I got a staph infection, and we find out what our baby is tomorrow! Hooray!
8 comments:
So in class Stanton, I asked the kids what we did on Sunday (so I could tell them that we don't have to go to church b/c of Conference in a few weeks) and Stanton went on and on and on that he has a Star Wars shirt just like Otho and he was going to put it on after church. Next time I am going stir crazy with my kids and want to throw on a Star Wars movie to keep them entertained, can I call Stanton to come over in his shirt, and he and my boys can hold light sabers and he can pretend his is a Jedi and Ellie is a Princess Leah?
Kimmie, my dear. I am going to hi-jack you as soon as you find out what flavor this baby is!!!
I have never been to the Lego store and I think Hayden would absolutely want to play chase with Stanton!
I went into nursery today and had a great time with your little Noelle. Did she show you the smiley face drawing I did? I even gave the little face Noelle pigtails and a cute little skirt. I love your daughter, can I borrow her sometime and pretend that she's mine too? Alyssa would love that!!!
Gosh I love your kids. I love their parents too.
WAY TO GO! You're such a super mom! I didn't know you are pregnant! Congrats! I miss your happy family and hope to see you soon! You're just too cute!
So fun! I love that you beat that bearded guy at leggo making! You can accomplish anything kimmie! LOL! I can't wait to find out what you are having!! Yippee kiyaaa
Have I ever told you how much I love you and your kiddos :) You seriously make me laugh!! Funnest stories ever.
Kimmie I love, love, LOVE reading your blog!!! You guys have the very best adventures!
Can I just say that bearded Lego man had it coming?? Who was he to think that he could take on a lady who is still willing to go camping even when she is pregnant!!!!
Your family is so cute!!! We miss you guys!
Way to go Lego Woman!!! We are planning a camping trip in April for the boys spring break. Prescott. Let me know if you want to join us. We'd love to have you!
Post a Comment