
This is from a few weeks back, but it is so cute I have to put it up. This was Stanton with his Sunbeam class, during his first primary activity. His class dressed up as dogs and barked and danced around to "Who Let The Dogs Out." Stanton, who is not a performer like his mother is, just stood there, completely frozen. I had helped to plan the activity, so I had practiced his dance moves with him for a couple of weeks. He had all kinds of tricks up his sleeve, but in front of everyone, he got stage fright. I think he was just as cute to watch being the only one to stand completely still up there(:

This is just a super cute picture! I couldn't be happier to have two kids 15 months apart cause they are totally best friends, and they play together perfectly!

So, let me begin by saying, Robert has always says that I have "inviting diarhea", which means I invite tons of people to everything.If he says let's have a few couples over for dinner, he means six people, (which is a generous number on his part, considering our small house and the fact that we don't have a table.) But I get carried away and invite 6 couples, who then all have to eat dinner on our floor or in their laps. He says he thinks it's cute, but whenever I do it, he still says "inviting diahrea" and makes gross bathroom noises.
Well, I got another case of inviting diahrea when I got an e-mail from the Mesa Children's Museum, saying they were having a member appreciation day and that I could invite anyone to I wanted to get in free with me. So I invited everyone in my ward who had a child who could walk. I was so excited to go with all of my friends, but then I got super nervous that the museum wouldn't think my inviting-ness was as cute as Robert does and that they would turn us away at the door cause there would be 18 of us girls plus all of our kids. But I couldn't help inviting cause I really wanted ALL of my friends to come cause I love them all, and I knew they would like it there!
Well, it turns out the museum DID think I am as cute as Robert thinks I am. Not only did they let us in, but they gave us goody bags and face painting and card making and refreshments. And Footz the creepy clown who talked in a baby voice made inappropriate looking snake swords out of balloons for us! It was SOOO fun!

Not all of the girls could make it, but we had a great time with those who did! Brittney, Mandie, Melissa, Brooke, Stacy, Yumi, Lynnae and Jacki are tons of fun and so are their kids!

My friends have cute kiddos!

A few of us went to Chick-fil-A afterwards, which brings me to my next story. Let me start by saying, I am usually soooo nice! And I don't mind if kids hurt my kids, as long as the parents are on top of it and make them stop. However, there was an incident in the playplace that got me a wee bit riled up! These 7 year old boys were in there being super rough, actually punching little kids in the face. Kids came out crying, and the moms of the naughty boys weren't doing anything. So after it happened to both Noelle and Stanton, I went in there and and yelled something like, "You are being wrotten little boys and you need to get out of here right now and tell your moms how rough you are being!!!" I don't know, it was something along those lines. Anyhow, tables whose kids had previously been beaten by the bullies cheered me on, saying "You go Mama!" I was pretty much like a hometown hero! Ask Lynnae. She was there. Stanton told me I was cool, and thanked me for the next three days for yelling at the mean boys. I am back to being nice now though. That was just a phase.

We went to the zoo this weekend with Daddy! The kids were more interested in the fake animals than the real ones.

Noelle rode the cow and Stanton rode Noelle. Yee-haw!

We played at the zoo playground for a loooong time.

And our adventures ended at the doctor's office, where they got their swine flu vaccines. (Stanton is in the middle of begging not to get the "piggy flu shot.") Noelle also got her two year check up. The doctor asked me how many words she knows, and I said around five hundred, which any of you could easily back me up on. However, she did not say one word, not one. I bragged about her to him for ten minutes, trying to get her to tell him the groundhog's name or a synonym for human being or how old mommy is, or what's in my belly. She looked at me like I was crazy, and so did he. Then, as soon as he left the room, she said, "Why does that man doctor wash his hands in the sink and stick the stick in my mouth and look at my ears and push on my belly?" That's like 28 words right there!
9 comments:
Yes, she does know at least 500 words. She reminds me of the part on Shrek where they are trying to get Donkey to talk and he doesn't say a word, then isn't quiet for the rest of the movie.
I'm so proud of you for chewing out kids whose moms don't care. I see nothing wrong with it. I probably would have pushed the kids into the wall and yelled at them myself. You handled it much better.
I'm sad that I couldn't make it to any of those things. Please keep inviting me, I swear I'll make it to something!
Oh, your kids just crack me up! Love em! :) I still can't believe Noelle didn't say a word...I thought she was your "performer".
They could totally pass as sisters (Noelle and Kenzie)
Perhaps Noelle was doing her own take on the Warner Brother's frog, she is a comic genius!
So glad you invited us to the museum, I think we are gonna get a pass to help get through the dreaded summer!! And your kids are so cute, good job sticking up for them :)
Kimmie, I love you. And your kids. And your blog. You're such a fun mom, and such a great friend! I'm so glad the people at the museum thought you were as cute as we all think you are! :-)
"inviting diarrhea"? that is hilarious!!! I love reading your blog, I always laugh until I cry.
OH my gosh Kimmie! I'm dying here. I have my mouth covered so I won't laugh too loud and wake up the kids! I LOVE your adventures. It makes me want to be down there to share them with you (I swear I'm not quite as psychotic as I was before...it's okay to lie to keep friends right??? J/K). Inviting diarrhea and piggy flu shot. It just doesn't get better than that! Hey, do you mind if I feature your blog on my blog? I really want my friend to experience the same laughter that I do when reading your blog. You're awesome. Oh, and all clowns are scary and I'll never look at a balloon sword the same way! hahaha.
so cute. noelle is getting so big! why is stanton wearing a bracelet on the slide? I miss the babies -- that are not so much babies anymore!!
a
Post a Comment