Monday, September 21, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray for Disneyland!

The Currys and the Johnsons went to Disneyland! Hooray! We'd been planning this trip for months and had all the reservations made, but had to cancel everything since the doctors weren't sure if Noelle would be out of the hospital in time. She ended up getting out, and the doctors said she was fine to go to Disneyland, so we re-booked everything and left on Thursday evening.
AS soon as we stepped through the gates, we all agreed that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, and since Robert gets us all in for free, it makes it an even happier place to be!
First stop, merry-go-round, because we don't have one of those in Arizona (: As mcuh as everyone loved the carousel, especially Noelle, I think it was unanimous that the kids' favorite ride was "Small World." (Correction, Stanton has informed me "that's a girl ride," and his most favorite was the one where Buzz Lightyear almost shot him in the neck!)
You may not be able to see this picture clearly, so let me explain its significance. Robert read a book about Disneyland before we left (he does mounds of research before every trip we take) and he learned facts such as, "the lavendar teacup spins fastest," or "the left side of the matterhorn is slower than the right." Well, he also learned that you can ask to be the person who wakes up the birds in The Tiki Room, and knowing that I like attention, he secretly told them to pick me. So I got to go up to the front and tell them who I was, and say "Wake Up Jose!" It was very fun and so sneaky and sweet of him to plan it!
Then we got arrested. Just kidding, we didn't!
By 3pm, the kids were all tuckered out. Actually, Stanton was wide awake, but I thought it would make for a cute picture, so I told him that if he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep for the pic (and if he didn't cry on Pirates of the Carribean,) I would buy him a pirate sword. Mission accomplished. He also held Hannah's hand on the ride (and throughout the majority of the trip) so they could be brave together.
At night we watched the parade, which was FANTASTIC! They even let us join them and dance with them in it! Our husbands boogied down too! It was such a blast!
Noelle didn't like that Lilo guy, or is it Stich? I never saw the movie. Either way, she held on to me for dear life!
After all that fun, the next day we went to the beach and played!
Then we went on a Balboa Island picnic with Robert's sister and grandma. It was a great time, and Adrienne was so fabulous with the kids the whole time. She played with them at Disneyland when we all went on the adult rides, and she even babysat them one night so we could go on a fun, Thai food double date! We love Adrienne!
Stanton declined his fudgesicle because he didn't want to be sticky. Noelle, however lives to be messy!
This picture of Noelle's brown face reminds me of an incident the night before. On the shuttle ride home from Disneyland, I was kissing Noelle's hand, and I wiped something that tasted funny off of my lip. AS I looked down I realized that Noelle was super poopy, all over her hands and her back and my lap. Melissa said she had never seen anything like it. And I kissed it!
If you're not thoroughly grossed out, keep reading. As if once wasn't enough, on the way home, Stanton exploded all over me, and I had to change my shirt in the filthy, Blythe Dairy Queen bathroom, and he had to change into the only clean item of clothing left, which happened to be Noelle's pink, kitty cat pajamas. All any of us could do was laugh! So gross, but such funny memories! I loved every minute of that trip!

10 comments:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

That sounds like such a fun trip!! I love Disneyland - I think it is one of the happiest places on earth!! Jon took me there for our delayed honeymoon and it was awesome!!
I'm glad you guys had fun in spite of the poop experience!
Hee hee hee

Amy said...

Poop stories are always funny to hear about later...never fun in the moment.

I'm glad you had a fun time and especially that Noelle is feeling better!

Amber said...

How fun! I love Disney Land! I can't wait til we get to take Bailey! I love the kids matching Disney shirts! You have the cutest family!

Fosburgh Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! That poop story makes me want to throw up though!

Whitney said...

I'm so glad you got to go! I love the face Noelle is making in the jail and your Colt Seaver's sunglasses (that's The Fall Guy). It's Stitch. Also, I love poop stories.

The Robinsons said...

Poop stories are always good for a laugh! And the fact that there are two of them makes it even better! Disneyland is the best. Glad you guys had a fun trip!

Adam and Tara said...

Oh my. Noelle's little jean shorts almost did me in! If we have a girl, I'd like to borrow those!! We get to see you in 3 weeks! woo! I'm glad you guys had a great trip... you deserved it after the crazy week!

mashby said...

Soooooo fun! Cute kids!! Can't wait to catch up tomorrow and hear all about it! :)

Nicole said...

Kimberly- You make me laugh out loud!! Love love love all your blog posts & pictures. And who knoew you were a magician?? That's awesome. You are such a great mommy & my Callie's lucky to hang with you guys every week! XOXO

Julie said...

There is no better way to erase hospital memories than to go to Disneyland!!! It makes everything better!!