About a year ago, I made up a Primary song. I just started humming a tune and made up some words, but since I only play the trumpet and not the piano, I didn't know how to make it into music on paper. Then, my dear friend Emily had me sing it to her over and over, as she figured out each note on the piano. She added in an awesome intro and a bottom hand, and voila, she and I have a song. I sent it to the church music office to see if it can go to The Friend! Now, I know it's no "Scripture Power," but a handful of kids on our ward know it, and it sounds really cute when they sing it. So, without further au dieu,..."Family History Mystery!" (There is also a secret second verse, and I will reveal it to anyone who does their own family history names.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
You are awesome Kimmie! I think that song is great and I hope they put it in the Friend.
'The Friend' - heck, that is SO good it will make it into the Children's Songbook with Janice Kapp Parry and all her millions of songs!! :)
It's brilliant!!! I think it should be in the Songbook!!!!! I am so impressed!!!!!! I am going to listen to it over and over again so I can learn it!!
I like the "Mom's Mom's Mom" part!
I love it. Can I have the sheet music so I can play it on the piano?
And, I think I should get a peek at that second verse. I've found lots of names, but I can't do them because they are Jewish and I'm not a direct descendant (I have to go too far off the line). I would have done 100s of names this year if it weren't the case.
You're so talented! I always wanted to write a song...now you've inspired me.
It's a keeper! I'm going to tell everyone to listen to it so that they'll all get it stuck in their head (it's a good song to get stuck in your head) and everyone across the U.S. will wonder why it hasn't been printed yet even though everyone sings it! I'm going to network for you Kimmie!
You should put it on youtube. I want the viola music! Myra and I can play a duet!
Congrats on finally getting it printed. I always pictured it being a little "cowboy-ish", you know a little mosey down the family history trail!
I'll play it for you anytime you want!
Hi Kimmie. This is Shelly's sister Wendy. She told me to check out your blog and listen to your song, so I did. It's fabulous! Very catchy, very primary-ish! I love it and I think the Friend would love it too! You're awfully talented!
Hooray! Will you sign my copy of the Friend when is printed inside??
Why is the 2nd verse a secret?
You are so cute!! I love it :) I was just thinking the other day that you should put all your jokes in a book. I'd buy it!!
Hi there Kimmie! You are probably wondering who in the world is visiting me from Ames, IA? Well, it's me - Robert and I used to be the same ward when we were little - my dad was one of his dad's counselors when he was the Bishop. Anyhow, I've sort of been blog stalking you (you are just too cute for words!) and I figured I should finally leave a comment - I haven't already left one have I? Anyhow, GREAT SONG!!! I love it! It's so super fabulous!!! Just thought I'd let you know.
you are so creative, that is awesome!
Kim, you're SO amazing! I love that you wrote this song, and then worked with Emily to get the sheet music done. Gosh, you're amazing. I'm so lucky that you're my friend. As soon as this song is printed, I'm sooo having you autograph my copy!
LOVE IT!!! And I don't know Scripture Power, but this song is pretty dang catchy and I think kids would love it too.
You are amazing!
Amazing! I am so impressed that you wrote a song. You're so talented and creative. I feel proud to call you my friend.
awesome! You are the most creative girl I know!
Post a Comment