Thursday, August 14, 2008

Birthday Week Has Begun!

So let me explain how Robert began the tradition of spoiling me on my birthday. Long before he ever realized that my birthday would be celebrated like it was a national holiday, back when we were just good friends, Robert said he would do whatever I wanted for my birthday, and I said I wanted him to take me out to 3 different restaurants in one night because I love going out to eat. So we went to Red Lobster for appetizers, Fuddruckers for dinner and Cold Stone for dessert. Then we got married, and my birthDAY turned into my birthday weekend, then into my birthday week, and this year Robert started even earlier by adding birthday week eve (which is 8 days before my actual birthday). On birthday week we do ANYTHING I want to do. For example, we had Jamba Juice and we went to Olive Garden, and tonight I will be getting a back rub. It's awesome!!! So in honor of birthday week I have put up some pictures of me and some fun facts too.
I am addicted to soda, but only fountain soda, Diet Coke mixed with Sprite to be exact. I also put ice in my milk.
I've lived the majority of my life with a really bad haircut. This permed hair above the ears was a step up from straight and spikey. That's not "in" when your 10.I just makes strangers refer to you as "Sunny" or "Champ."
Fun fact #3: I had a mullet...in ninth grade.
Robert and I have a goal to eat a Blizzard in a blizzard. We would also like to take a road trip across the country to see all of the world's biggest things.
I just learned a few months ago that it's not "cold slaw," it's "cole slaw," but I'm not chaanging the way I say it cause you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I enjoy action movies, politics, making up jokes, singing in the car, and trying to make gourmet cupcakes. That's Kimmie in a nutshell. Happy Birthday to me!

15 comments:

Kimmie said...

Fun Fact #6: I don't know how to rotate pictures after i scan them onto my blog.

The Zemp Family said...

Happy Birthday/Birthday Week/Birthday Eve!!!
I hope you have a lot of fun, because gosh darnit you earned it! In fact between the mullet, the clown hair the barn, the shorts that supported your boobs, and home made Guess jeans you deserve a birthday month!

Sarah said...

Kim, you are one sexy, sassy, funny girl. Happy Birthday!!! (I liked funny better than silly even though silly would have kept with the "s" theme. Funny is MUCH more fitting. Actually, perhaps it should be hilarious.)

Fosburgh Family said...

You are just too funny! I don't know if I would admit some of those things to the whole world!!! lol

alicia.martindale1@riosalado.edu said...

What day is your actual Birthday? For some reason I always think your B-day is in April around when you were on your honeymoon and stole all the easter eggs from the kids easter egg hunt! Will I be seeing you at the Curry's on Sunday?

Meagan said...

I need to know how to convince Abe to do the same for my birthday..... :)

Steve and Steph said...

I love you my friend! Happy Happy Birthday to you! You deserve to be spoiled for that amount of time. We should celebrate with lunch or something!!!

Steve and Steph said...

Oh-and you're drop dead sexy in that wedding picture...I only wish I had the guts to do something like that when I got married.

***LIZ*** said...

Happy Birthday Week! We do that at our house too. I didn't think if the birthday eve though....

Melissa M. said...

Have a joyful birthday Kimmie!
I can't wait to see what your week brings.

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, Kimmie... I SO LOVE YOU! I loved the trip down memory lane (and the sideways pictures somehow mad it even better). The shot in your wedding dress? ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL! (Reminds of one of my fav lines from Big Fat Greek Wedding... , "Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.") I hope you had (have, or are still having) a super Happy Birthday!!!

Whitney said...

I love birthday week! I actually forgot Elliot's birthday one year, so he tries to get me to give him a birthday month. I would love to see a video of your life.

The Earls said...

Have a wonderful b-day week + ! I love the pics!

Missy said...

Thanks for sharing the picts:) You rock that perm girl, never be ashamed! Hope you have a fantabulous birthday week!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday! I have tried to get Jack to do a birthday week...still waiting! LOL