Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Story of our Summer Holiday!

On the way to our Newport Beach holiday (that means "vacation" in British. I think it sounds cuter) we stopped to get chased by the dinosaurs.
Sadly, Stanton did not run fast enough.
When we got to Newport Beach we went to see Robert's grandma & grandpa on Balboa Island.
Stanton and Noelle took their first ferry ride over to the peninsula.
Then we walked to The Crab Cooker restaurant. Adrienne said it was only 4 blocks, but it turned out to be 2 miles...each way!!!
And that made Robert grumpy!!!!
But then we found romance at the beach, and he was happy again!
Noelle had her first ice cream cone. It was Haagen Daaz, only the best for my girl!
Noelle also had her first time pretending to be a seal...she didn't lke that as much.
The beach was a huge success!
Noelle didn't get sun burned.
And Stanton found his belly button!
Disneyland was a blast!!! We all LOVED the Tiki Room (until I accidentally bumped Stanton's head on the bird cage.) We're even naming our next baby girl after one of the birds...Colette. Isn't it pretty!
But he wasn't a fan of Pirates of the Caribean. He shook his head "no" everytime they sang "Yo-Ho Yo-Ho." I guess it's not a Pirate's Life for him!
P.S. We fully realize that we "rrrr" the worst parents ever for taking our kids on Pirates (and the haughnted mansion)
By 11pm these Mouseketeers were exhausted.
But this Mickey and Minnie were wide awake and sooo in love!
The Long Beach Aquarium the next day was a lot of fun!
Apparently Stanton didn't like it though when I tried to make him give the bird a kiss...
or when I tried to make him hug the shark.
But we all enjoyed the enormous whale.
But the best part of the whole trip was that I got to spend so much time with my honeys!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Looks like a fun vacation! you could make a story book out of it.

***LIZ*** said...

I have missed you all! Oh and Kimmie, you look great, the WW is making you waste away. I have season 2 of Lost whenever you want to come get it...

Fosburgh Family said...

you are just so clever with your words!! But it looked like a blast but I am glad you are back it is lonely and quiet without you here!

OurFamily said...

How fun! I am very jealous of your trip - I love Disneyland! That picture of you two on the beach is so cute!

Melissa M. said...

Oh, you should make a story book, your kids would love that!
I love all of the pictures, and the fun time I had pretending to be with you on your holiday.
Jolly good show!

Michael Curry said...

hahah best pictures ever. Im jealous you guys all got to go to disneyland together! That looks like the ideal family trip and im sad i missed it!

I miss you guys a ton. And the part about stanton shaking his head at the pirates made me laugh. I miss that kid!

ps. thanks for all the helpful advice kimmie :) and the joke.

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE DISNEYLAND! Oh, it looks like you had SUCH a great time! I love-love-love the beach pic, too stinkin cute!

Whitney said...

That picture on the beach is awesome! (photoshop that kid out of the back). I love it that you don't just stand next to Rob in pictures. You always look like you are having the time of your life!

Steve and Steph said...

I love your blog...Stanton's faces just made me laugh...What a cute boy!! I am glad you're back too...we need to hang out soon!!!