Monday, July 7, 2008

The Icing on the Cake!

As some of you may know, I adore cupcakes! They're just cute and little and fun! One of my life's dreams (besides eating a blizzard in a blizzard) is to make gourmet cupcakes and sell them, or just give them away to spread cheer to those around me.
So, my good friend Shelly Basham and I paid a visit to Sprinkles, which just opened in Scottsdale. I have been dying to go there for over a year, since I read about it in a fancy Martha Stewart magazine.
Let's just say, it was everything I'd hoped it would be, a banana cupcake with Belgian dark chocolate frosting and sprinkles imported from France. It was totally worth $3.25 and all the chocolate stains I got on my new white shirt.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Forget the delicious looking cupcake . . . you look AWESOME Kimmie!

Laurie said...

Kim,

I'm pretty sure we're twin souls. I spent a good 2 hours at work today drooling over cupcake pictures. (Yeah, I'm not even kidding. I was googling every cupcake site in the state of AZ.)

One of my best friends at work brought me half of one of the Sprinkles choc/pb cupcakes a few weeks ago and I thought I'd DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN. I've been craving cupcakes ever since. I wanted to go to Sprinkles today, but it was too far away, so we went to a closer bakery by my work and I ate... uhm... yeah... FOUR cupcakes. (Dude, they all looked good. I couldn't figure out which to choose, so I got 4 that looked the best. I can tell you - they were all yummy!)

Oh my goodness, your cupcake is making me want ANOTHER one! (ps - love the choc stains on the white shirt, you crack me up!)